Finally, after much procrastination, my most awaited blog (by me the only one); my blog is up and on air. Finding the best title that I can ever put to set this whole thing up is a headache. My blog in short "My P.L.S" is meant for both sharing and discovery learning with everyone in the world who view and are interested in my StOrIeS. Would sincerely appreciate anyone who wish to key down any comments, ideas, feelings or whatever at the end of each "My P.L.S" master piece....

Sunday, December 2, 2007

* AcRoSs ThE uNiVeRsE * - Movie

Best way to start up your first day of the last month in Year 2007 is to have did something different. As for me, doing something usual has turn out to be something different. I still have mix feeling about it with some time I would think "Wow.. it was great. Am gonna do it again". Also at some point I would think "Mmmm... kinda weird and its boring, right?".

The usual but unexpected 'action' for a Saturday would be watching a movie. It started off badly when I couldn't find the cinema in CineLeisure. Walking around, going up and down the escalator, having myself out the building and thinking the entrance is from outside and jumping down from a platform with my left ankle still hurt for more than a week now (Yeah, you are right, what a fool not knowing where is the cinema.. come on, its my first time there alrite?? LOL). Finally when I found the cinema and was my turn to get my tickets which I have booked 2 days earlier; finding out I actually booked a Friday show instead of a Saturday. Damn, that was kinda embarassing. Well I paid the tickets for a 1.55pm show to a movie *AcRoSs ThE uNiVeRsE*.

I did not exactly know what this movie is all about. All I knew was, its a love story which talks about some cross culture thingy. The word cross culture excites my brain and I thought to myself it will be an interesting movie. Imagining the main actors in the movie moving from one continent to another exploring different cultures was what playing in my mind. Well, right before the show start my friend warn me "You better make sure this show is good!". wow... that phrase freak me off as I'm not sure too and pushing half the responsibility to him that it was you who agree to watch this too.

A guy was shown on the screen with a beach and sea background to start off the movie; and he sung. Ooooo.. this is not gonna be good. It continues and actors in the movie started to sing and dance. All of a sudden my hand was being knocked by my friend and remembering he told me once he doesn't like this kinda movie. I am in deep s*** now. As much as I am feeling the guilt, I still try to enjoy the movie. Its kinda hard to accept when I have make myself prepare for a serious yet brain tearing scenes. It turns out to be songs and its not one or two for the whole 2 hours & 15 minutes session, but it comprises of 32 songs in total.

At some point it was like some Hindi movies with people coming out from no where and the main actor will sing and the rest of those dancing. Certain part it was more like an MTV. Yet most of those songs are good and I would say its nice. Knowing it later that it was from Beatles. The longer I sat down on Seat H7, the more I understand the story and slowly letting the uncommon way of music being presented in a cinema to bypass my defence system. No doubt there's certain part where its kinda boring and kinda over acting in some of those songs sessions.

This movie is about a guy(Jude) who left Liverpool to look for his father in one of the university in America. Hence, lead him in knowing another guy (Max). This encounter change their pathway and later on leads them to New York. It is in a room they rented in NY that brings together a group of friends which soon to be formed. Sadie (the landlord lady), Prudence, JoJo, and Lucy (Max's sister cum Jude's gf). It projected the life of each person on how they get to know each other, doing what they want, and how the love relation sparks, later blown off and finally being together again.

Watching this show has given me an insight on the miracle of people meeting one another. Staying together for a chat or two, working out some projects, forming into a deep relationship; not knowing the fact that we meet everyone because miracle took place putting all from everywhere in one place. The place where friendship made, the place where love ones found, the place where strength is build, and the place where memories are embedded. Besides it also tells that at one point of anytime, there's so many thing happened around us. Do we realize it? Do we appreciate it?

All in all *AcRoSs ThE uNiVeRsE* is a good movie to be watch if you can adapt to switches from Hindi type to MTV type and if you like Beatles's songs. Mmmm... maybe its not so nice after all. It's just a compilation of all music videos in a movie. Can watch it everywhere I want. Well I think I still have mix feelings, what about you??


- ScOtTiE -

02 Dec 2007 (1451 hours)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love beatle's songs...hhmphhh, but I doubt I can ever like Hindi-MTV style of movies :P

I've read a couple of good reviews regarding movie and plan to watch it though not in Cineleisure. :)

Anonymous said...

this movie is amazing.
i saw it and absolutely fell in love with it.

the songs and the story line go together perfectly.